Venues & Capacities
Venues & Capacities
Built in 1887, the Dining Hall holds a huge amount of history. The wooden eaves combined with the traditional wood panelling around the room create a warm and impressive feel for your event. Around the room are portraits of former Headmasters and an impressive portrait of the founder, Richard Platt hangs proudly below the stained glass window at the end of the hall. Capacity for the Dining Hall is 120 for a seated meal. It is licensed for 120 people for civil ceremonies and our traditional refectory tables and benches can be used, or chairs can be hired in. Ideal for Civil Ceremonies, Wedding Receptions, Charity dinners, milestone celebrations, private dinners.
The Masters Dining Room
Situated in the oldest part of the school built in 1826, with recently repainted wood panelling, high ceiling and wooden floor, the Masters Dining Room creates a smaller, more intimate feel for your event. It has a capacity of 60 for a seated meal and works well used in conjunction with the Dining Hall for Wedding receptions. Ideal for Civil Ceremonies, wedding receptions, charity dinners, milestone celebrations and private dinners.
The Library, built as a Memorial for pupils who lost their lives in the First World War, was completed and opened in 1924. The impressive balcony surrounding the upper level and the large wooden pillars create an impressive environment for functions. The Library is licensed for 40 (downstairs) and 20 (upstairs) for Civil Ceremonies, and for drinks receptions for 120 standing. It is an ideal venue for drinks receptions or social gatherings. The large sash windows overlook the playing fields.
The Wells Centre
Following the traditional lines of the adjoining buildings, yet displaying its own modern attributes, the Wells Centre was completed in 2013. Ideal for private dinners and drinks receptions it is also licensed for Civil ceremonies for 60 people. The glass frontage allows a fantastic view across the playing fields that disappear into the distance. Downstairs has its own bar serving area.
The Apthorp Room, with its oak beams creates a wonderful atmosphere for any event. Equipped with a projector and screen, it is an ideal room for meetings/training/conferencing with its own break out/refreshments area. It is licensed for 60 people for Civil Ceremonies and is also ideal for smaller private lunches/dinners.
Music Recital Room
The Recital Room is situated in the eves of the Old School Chapel, built in 1938 and presents a lot of character. It is licensed for 80 for Civil Ceremonies and is ideal for music recitals as it can be combined with the Apthorp Room for refreshments.
From 1938 to 1958, the Chapel was a twenty year building project. It can accommodate circa 600 people and has two balconies. The organ was built by Grant, Degens & Bradbeer and was installed in 1975. Above the altar hangs "The Chapel Cross", a sculpture by Juliette Anthony which was commissioned in 1993 to replace Stanley Spencer's famous painting "The Crucifixion". The chapel is ideal for larger music recitals and concerts.
For more if formation or to book please contact Andrew Dawson on 01923 851668 or email email@example.com